This delicious and healthy salad is the perfect summer recipe. Prepare this salad for a family cookout or neighborhood potluck as a tasty side that won’t leave guests feeling weighed down in the heat.
- 5 cups loose cleaned kale cut
- ½ Cups Blueberries
- ½ Cups Shredded Carrots
- ½ Cups Purple grapes cut in half
- ¼ Cups Raisins
- ¼ Cups Roasted sunflower kernels
- ¼ cup Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ Cups Lemon Juice
- ½ Cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Teaspoons Celery Seed
- ¼ Teaspoons Poppy Seeds
- ¼ cups Honey (for a vegan version substitute maple or agave syrup)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. In A large bowl, blend all the greens and fruits. Reserve the kernels until the last step.
2. Combine dressing ingredients and blend until well mixed.
3. Add dressing to salad just as you are serving. Finish with the kernels.